Manually Adding a Payment
Payments are used by the Greater Giving Online to show that a Supporter no longer owes your organization money. Having payments entered correctly will allow you to have the most accurate data when using our Reports feature, as well as helping reconcile the statements sent to your organization. The primary method for manually adding a payment is done through a Supporter’s Manage Sales and Payments, and selecting the Add option under the Payments for Bidder (Household/Members). For charging cards marked for Express Pay, see how to Manage Charge Batch.
- In the Project Home, click View/Edit Supporters under the Supporters header.
- Locate the Supporter you wish to add the payment onto using the Search button.
- Select Manage Sales and Payments.
- Scroll down to the Payments for Bidder (Household/Members).
- Click the Add button.
- Use the drop down menu to select the Payment Type.
- The Auctionpay Swipe and Credit Card Online payment types are used specifically by Greater Giving when a credit card has been charged, the rest can be determined by your organization under your Project Settings by Customizing your Picklists.
- Choose the Payment Amount.
- Add in any additional information, such as a Check Number, Transfer Number, and applicable Date if necessary.
- Associate the payment with a sale by marking the check box. Associating your sales and payments ensures the software knows what Supporters have paid for.
- Click Save to save the payment and be returned to Manage Sales and Payments. Click Save and Add New to add another payment.