Assign Sales to Payments
The process of assigning sales to payments needs only to be done if payments and or sales have been entered without being associated with one another. You can tell if sales and payments are unassociated if the Payment Association or Sale Association Status column reads None or Partial. When you use the Assign Sales to Payments function, Greater Giving Online runs an algorithm that attempts to pair up all unassociated sales and payments with one another for all of your Supporters. Alternatively, you can also change the Assignment Manually.
- In the Project Home, click Assign Sales to Payments under the Sales
- Click the Assign Sales to Payments
- The algorithm will run, and you will be notified of the results. Typical results include how many Sales were associated with Payments. The total number of Payments/Sales and the amount of them that have been associated. The remainder of Payments/Sales to be associated.
- If you have remaining Sales and Payments to be associated, ensure that all Sales and Payments have been entered under the correct Supporter.
- Click Done to finish the associating process.
- From the Project Home, click on View/Edit Supporters under the Supporters
- Find the Supporter whose Payment you wish to reassign using the Search bar, and click Manage Sales and Payments for that Supporter.
- Scroll down to the Payments for Bidder (Household/Members) area, and click the Edit button next to a Payment record.
- In the Associated Sales area, check the box for any sale(s) that the Payment is paying for.
- Click Save when finished to manually associate Payments to Sales.