How Supporters Can Subscribe and Unsubscribe from Emails
When Supporters give you their email address, they are considered to have given you opt-in permission to receive email from your organization. On the bottom of each email they receive, there is your name and address of your organization as well as a sentence stating “To unsubscribe from emails from [Organization Name], please click here.”
Clicking the link takes the Supporter to a web page where the can choose to unsubscribe from receiving emails from your organization. This unsubscribes a Supporter from ALL emails sent using Greater Giving Online and Join Me, not necessarily a single Project.
You can see if a Supporter has opted out of emails by viewing the Contact Information tab of their Supporter Record, within that tab there is a checkbox for Opt out of receiving emails. If a Supporter would like to re-opt in for emails, you can follow these steps.
- From the Project Home, click View/Edit Supporters under the Supporters header.
- Find the Supporter that has unsubscribed and wishes to subscribe using the Search bar, and click Edit.
- Click on the Contact Info tab.
- Click the button for Help to Opt In.
- If this option does not appear, it is likely that you have not set your organization email and/or an organization image. These are required for opting in to emails. You can set those up in Organization Settings.
- Read the message, and click Email to email the Supporter an email prompting them to re-subscribe.
Your Supporter will receive an email similar to the one above, customized to your organization of course, which will allow the Supporter to re-subscribe to your organization.
You can also view the link for re-subscribing by looking at your Review Sent Emails. This also allows you to view all previously sent emails.