Processing Additional Credit Cards
In the event a Supporter is not present to swipe a Credit Card, or a card is declined and a new one must be manually added, Greater Giving Online does allow for the manual entry of credit cards. Due to security changes with how card holder not-present transactions are handled, full billing information (AVS) and Card Verification Value (CVV) must be included when manually adding a card. The most basic process involves viewing the Manage Sales and Payments for a specific Supporter, clicking Add Card via Keyboard, and entering the required information. Below is a step-by-step walk through of this process.
- From the Project Home, select View/Edit Supporters under the Supporters header.
- Search for the name of the Supporter you wish to alter.
- Click Manage Sales and Payments for that Supporter.
- Scroll to the very bottom of Manage Sales and Payments. Under the Credit Cards on File header click Add Card via Keyboard.
- Fill in the required information.
- Click OK when finished to add the credit card to the Supporter’s name.
- Click Charge Card now to charge the card for the remaining outstanding balance.