Google Analytics Module
This module allows you to track visits to your page by using Google’s Service. This allows for collecting data based on visitors to your site. In this article we will cover the basic Set Up of a Google Analytics module to your web page.
Please Note: You must have a Google Analytics account in order to receive tracking information from this module.
Adding a Google Analytics Modules:
- Navigate to the page you wish to add the module to. Ensure you are in Edit mode by clicking Edit Page in the top right corner (if it says View Page, you are in Edit Mode).
- Hover over Page Settings, and from the drop down menu select Add a New Module.
- Select the module from the list, and either drag and drop it to where you want it, or use the arrows in the right hand corner of the module to determine where it will be placed.
Basic Google Analytics Set Up:
- In the Google Analytics pane, click the Settings button and select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Click the Google Analytics Script Settings tab.
- Paste the UA number in the field for Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose to enable the Use Asynchronous Google Tracking script - tracking loads immediately but runs after the page has finished loading. Normal script runs when the script is loaded.
- Go to Do not generate tracking script for members of this group and select Administrators. This will allow Administrators to continue to edit pages without sending info back to Google.
- Choose to enable Track downloadable files and external links - When checked, this option adds another script to your page, which reacts to link clicks to externally facing URLs. These clicks will be recorded as URLs within your Analytics tracking, under the path of /exlinks/
- Select a value for Visitor Time Out Value, this listed by minutes, default setting at 30 minutes.
- Option to enable Track Registered users as separate analytics segment - By checking this, you can filter your Google Analytics by a 'Registered User' segment. Use a filter pattern of 'Users'. This will track any registered user of the system.
- Option to select to Track a specific domain name.
- Click the Update button to save.