Membership modules are similar to registration modules. However, Membership modules omit certain features and replace them with others, making Membership modules less suited for event registration and more suited to collecting single payments in reference to Memberships to organizations. Below, we cover the specifics of Membership modules.
- The Form Title appears above the Membership form, and shows up in your Reports.
- A custom text intro will allow you to specify text that appears above your form. This is typically used to explain the event, or additional information ranging from dress code to location of venue.
- Collect membership from individuals requires First and Last Name, while Collect Membership from organizations requires Company name be specified under each Membership category.
- Opening and Closing Dates determine how long the form is active.
- Allow zero dollar transactions allows your Supporters to move ahead with the form without a dollar amount selected. Helpful when using a discount code or when just gathering information
- Process transactions in test mode allows you to test the form before making it live. Charges will not be sent to the bank, but you will be able to complete the whole form from start to finish experiencing what your Supporters will.
- Specify how you want the Fair Market Value to appear on receipts. Commonly also called Retail Value or Retail Price.
- If you would like to specify Line Item Grouping, check the box and enter your grouping text. Common groupings are Individual or Corporate.
- Name your membership category (Individual, Family, Corporate, etc.) and specify a price and value. View Order determines how high on the list it appears. The lower the number, the higher it appears. Number Included is how many actual memberships are covered by each purchase. An Individual Membership would have (1), while something like a Corporate Membership would cover (5).
- Click the plus symbol next to Advanced Options to see additional choices such as Custom Descriptions, Limit Available, Dates Available, Group Information, and collecting Additional Contact Information for each registrant.
- You can select which phone numbers you want to gather from the purchaser.
- Delivery options are used primarily if you want to add shipping options at extra charge.
- Enable discount codes to specify a discount code, either at a flat rate or a percentage base to discount purchases made through the website. Useful for staff or sponsors that wish to pay by check, but enter information through your page.
- Additional Donations are a way to put a miniature donation module in your Membership form. This can be helpful if you don’t want to create extra pages.
- A Convenience fee will apply either a flat rate or percentage based dollar amount to each transaction.
- Add additional customized questions for organization specific information you want to gather, or survey type questions.
- Confirmation defaults are controlled via your Site Settings. Switch to Copy or Customize to change them for this page only.
- Email copies of all transaction receipts allows you to have more than one person receiving copies of transaction emails. Useful if you have multiple people working with the software.
- Note the data tags on the right. These are useful for populating information in your receipts.