Online Bidding: Guest Check-in
The Go Time feature in Greater Giving Online handles Check-In, Auction Sales, and Guest Checkout. When you check your guests in using Go Time, they are automatically sent a welcome text to allow them to start bidding. All that is required is a bidder number, the guests’ mobile number, and an admission allocated to the event.
- On the Project Home, click on Go Time under the Project Tasks header. It will open in another tab on your browser.
- Click Checkin Attendee.
Check In Step 1: Get Name
- Type the guest’s name in the Attendee field.
- Type a portion of the last name to see a list of potential matches. For example, type “sky” to locate “Tchaikovsky”
- A next to the name means the Supporter has already been enabled as an Online Bidder
- A next to the name means the Supporter has an admission allocated.
- If a guest is not listed, you can create a new one by clicking Create New Supporter, or by hitting the Tab or Enter key on your keyboard.
- Once the correct name appears, highlight the name and click Next.
Check In Step 2: Select Guests
If the guest already has an admission allocated, this screen displays the guest name, bidder number, mobile #, email, table, group, and meal (each of which can be managed under ‘Project Settings’, ‘Edit Go Time Settings’). If the guest does not have an admission allocated, you will see a blank screen. See: CheckIn Attendees for more information on how to allocate admissions during check-in.
- Verify bidder number, email and mobile number. The mobile number and email can be edited by clicking the Details
- Check the box next to each guest to check them in and click Next.
Tip: If checking in a household where one or more of the members self-registered for Online Bidding, advise both members that they are assigned to two separate bidder numbers. They should choose which bidder number to use if they would like to share a bidder number.
Check In Step 3: Add Credit Card
This area is used to store the credit card to be used for the guest’s purchases. A guest may already have opted to store a credit card prior to the event which will show on file. They may also swipe a credit card at checkout.
- Click Swipe Card.
- Click within the textbox that appears, and swipe the card with the magnetic strip facing the arrows on the card reader.
- If the card cannot be read you can click Canceland then click Type Manually. Type the credit card number, expiration date, and card holder name. Click OK
- The card Information will automatically populate. Click Finish and Check-in is complete!