Online Bidding: Guest Check-in
The Go Time feature in Greater Giving Online handles Check-in, Auction Sales, and Guest Check-out. When you check your guests in using Go Time, they are automatically sent a welcome text to allow them to start bidding. All that is required is a bidder number, the guests’ mobile number, and an admission allocated to the event.
To access Go Time, from the Project Home click Go Time under the Project Tasks header.
Check-in Step 1: Get Name
Type the guest’s name in the Attendee field
- Type a portion of the last name to see a list of potential matches. For example, type “sky” to locate “Tchaikovsky”
- Once the correct name appears, highlight the name and click Next.
Tip: If the guest is not currently a Supporter in your Project, type the guest's name into the Attendee field and click Create New Supporter, or click either the 'Enter' or the 'Tab' key on your keyboard to Create a New Supporter.
Check-in Step 2: Select Guests
If the guest already has an admission allocated, this screen displays the guest name, bidder number, mobile #, email, table, group, and meal (each of which can be managed under ‘Project Settings’, ‘Edit Go Time Settings’). If the guest does not have an admission allocated,you will see a blank screen. See: Check In Attendees for more information on how to allocate admissions during check-in.
- Verify bidder number, email and mobile number. The mobile number and email can be edited by clicking the Details button.
- Check the box next to each guest to check them in and click Next to proceed to the final step.
Tip: If checking in a household where one or more of the members self-registered for Online Bidding, advise both members that they are assigned to two separate bidder numbers. They should choose which bidder number to use if they would like to share a bidder number.
Check-in Step 3: Add Credit Card
This area is used to store the credit card to be used for the guest’s purchases. A guest may already have opted to store a credit card prior to the event which will show on file. They may also swipe a credit card at checkout.
- Click Swipe Card and swipe the credit card with the magnetic strip facing the arrows on the card reader. The credit card info will automatically be saved and will appear in the grid view.
- If the card cannot be read you can click Cancel and then click Type Manually. Type the credit card number, expiration date, and card holder name. Click OK.
- Click Finish to complete the Check In.