Online Bidding: Configuring Package Sections
Online Bidding sections (e.g. Admission, Live Auction, Silent Auction, etc.) determine which packages are published on your Online Bidding site and when those packages will open and close. You can create one section specifically for your Online Bidding packages or you can create multiple Sections (e.g. Silent Auction 1, Silent Auction 2, etc.) if you have packages closing at different times.
In order for packages to appear on Online Bidding, they need to be assigned to a section that has been enabled for Online Bidding.
How to Enable Sections for Online Bidding:
- From the Project Home, click Project Settings under the Project Tasks header.
- Click the Item & Package Sections tab.
- To create a new Section, click the Add button.
- Enter the name of your new Section. The section's title will not be visible to event guests.
- Online Bidding Type determines how the packages in the section are available for Online Bidding.
- Sell online: Packages in this section will be available for Online Bidding.
- Preview online, sell at event: Packages will be available for preview only and guests will not be able to place bids. Guests will see the package image, the package description, and the package restriction.
Note: Preview online, sell at event is intended to be used only for Live Auction packages.
- Double check that your correct time-zone shows in the Times relative to. If it is incorrect, you can change the time-zone on the Project Settings page.
- Enter the Bidding Open Date & Time. Use the calendar icon to select the date you would like guests to have access to Online Bidding. The event date you input on Project Settings will automatically be highlighted. Then use the clock icon to select the time you would like guests to be able to begin bidding. To specify a more specific open time, enter the actual time within the box.
- Follow the same steps for the Bidding Close Date & Time.
- If you wish to have a more dynamic close time (determined by you at the event), see Dynamic Auction Close Times.
- Click the Save button. If you would like to create another Item & Package Section, click Save & Add New. The packages in that section will appear on your Online Bidding site as soon as you assign them to your Online Bidding-enabled sections. See below for an example of a section that has been enabled for Online Bidding.
Dynamic Auction Close Times:
Dynamic Auction Close Times are a method placed in Greater Giving to allow you some more flexibility and freedom with your Auction. Using Dynamic times easily allows you to close a section earlier, or push it out longer if the bidding is going well.
- After setting the Bidding Open Date & Time, check the box for Manually Close.
- Click Save.
Closing dynamic close time sections:
- From the Project Home, select Go Time under the Project Tasks header.
- Click Section Times.
- Check the box next to the section.
- Click Change Close Time.
- Click Close Now
- Click OK to close your section.
Printer Friendly Version: Configuring Package Sections