Online Bidding: Self-Registration
The self-registration process is similar to creating an online account on other sites, such as an email account. It will ask the Supporter to enter their address, phone number and credit card information before being allowed to bid. After the Supporter has completed their contact information and credit card information, they will automatically be assigned a bidder number (within an 8000 range) and will have access to begin bidding.
Follow the below steps if you would like Supporters to self-register before participating in bidding.
Step 1: Configure your Self-Registration Invite settings:
The self-registration invite is an email that will include the Supporter’s personalized link. If you are allocating admissions within Greater Giving Online, the Self-Registration Invite settings determine if/when the attendees receive their invite.
To configure your Self-Registration Invite Settings, from the Project Home, click Online Bidding Settings under the Online Bidding header, and click Edit.
- Do not automatically send self-registration invite:If selected, the self-registration invite will only be emailed manually if the Send invitation to all un-invited attendees now button is selected.
- Automatically send self-registration invite immediately to attendees:If selected, the self-registration invite will be emailed shortly after the guest is marked as an attendee (i.e. allocated an admission) on an Admission or Sponsorship package that is enabled for the invite. See: Enabling Packages for Self-Registration Invite
- Automatically send self-registration invites starting on:If selected, the self-registration invite will be sent to all currently uninvited attendees starting on the specified date. Any Supporters allocated an admission after this date and time will be sent invitations shortly after the admission is allocated.
Self-Registration Invite Setting
Best used if:
Do not automatically send self-registration invite
you would like better control over when your guests receive the self-registration invite
Automatically send self-registration invite immediately to attendees
you would like guests to begin self-registering as soon as they are allocated an admission
Automatically send self-registration invites starting on
you have a specific date/time you would like guests to begin self-registering
Note: If you are not allocating admissions within Greater Giving, you can send Supporters their personalized link through the Letters & Emails function. See: Online Bidding: Using Letters & Emails
Step 2: Enable Packages for the Self-Registration Invite:
Enabling specific Admission and/or Sponsorship packages will allow you to control which attendees receive the invite.
To enable packages for the invite:
- From the Project Home, click View/Edit Packagesunder the Packages
- Click Editfor the package.
- Check the Enable self-registration invite
- Note only Admission or Sponsorship packages can trigger Self Registration.
If you selected "Automatically send self-registration invite immediately to attendees" in step 1 then your Supporters will receive the self-registration invite as soon as you check this box and click save.
Step 3 (Optional): Choose your Access Settings:
The Access Settings determines if the general public will have access to self-register for bidding. You have the option of allowing anyone to register to bid or you can limit the bidding to only those attending the actual event.
To configure your Access Settings, from the Project Home, click Online Bidding Settings under the Online Bidding area, and click Edit.
- Enable Public Access for Auction– select this option if you would like to allow anyone to self-register to bid in the auction (remote bidders, social media followers, etc.). If this option is checked, use the Public Auction Link to share on your social media pages, your Organization’s website, email marketing campaigns, etc.
- Allow Bidding Without Pre-Approval – select this option if you would like to allow bidders to instantly begin bidding after self-registering. No additional step will need to be taken from your Organization in order for the guest to be able to bid.
If you choose not to allow bidding without pre-approval, see: Online Bidding: Importing Online Bidders for additional steps.