Online Bidding: Donations
You have the option to enable a Donate button that will allow guests to donate via their phone.
How to Enable the Donation Button:
- From the Project Home, click Online Bidding Settings under the Online Bidding header.
- Click the Edit button.
- Check the Donations box if you would like to “Use Online Bidding to collect donations.”
- Select the package to use for Donations in the drop down next to “Package to use for Donations from Online Bidding.”
- The package name of the donation package will appear on the button.
- When a bidder makes a donation from the Online Bidding site, the donation will be recorded immediately as a sale in Greater Giving Online for the amount of the donation selected.
- If you need to create or edit a package so that it can be used as the cash donation package, click the button next to the drop-down list.
- You can also return to the Project Home to Add a New Package. See: Creating Packages
- In the “Suggested donation amounts” box, type the donation increments to appear on the guest Online Bidding site (This is optional.)
- They need to be comma separated values (e.g. 1000, 500, 250, 100). The cents are optional.
- Guests will always have the option to enter a custom donation amount.
- “Donation label” refers to the text you wish to display to the bidder on the donation button. Some options would include “Click Here to Donate”, “Donate Now”, “Special Appeal” or “Fund-A-Need”.
- Click the Save button.
Additional Donation and Appeal Display Options:
- Donation goal:The amount entered here will display as the Mission Goal on the Appeal/Fund-A-Need display.
- Show thanks:If checked, the Appeal/Fund a Need Display will show the names of those who have donated to your appeal through Online Bidding.
- As guests are donating, a "Thank you to our Donors" box will appear with the name of the donor.
- Appeal-only-event:If checked, guests will only be given the option to donate.
- Appeal board logo: The image shown here will be displayed on the bottom left corner of the Appeal/Fund-A-Need Display and on the left side of the donation button.