Online Bidding: Donations
You have the option to enable a Donate button that will allow guests to donate via their phone.
How to Enable the Donation Button:
- From the Project Home, click Online Bidding Settings under the Online Bidding
- Click the Edit
- Check the Appeal Donationsbox if you would like to “Use Online Bidding to collect appeal donations.”
- Select the package to use for Donations in the drop down next to “Package to use for donations from Online Bidding.”
- When a bidder makes a donation from the Online Bidding site, the donation will be recorded immediately as a sale in Greater Giving Online for the amount of the donation selected.
- If you need to create or edit a package so that it can be used as the cash donation package, click the button next to the drop-down list.
- You can also return to the Project Hometo Add a New Package. See: Creating Packages
- In the “Suggested donation amounts” box, type the donation increments to appear on the Online Bidding site (This is optional.)
- They need to be comma separated values (e.g. 1000, 500, 250, 100). The cents are optional.
- Guests will always have the option to enter a custom donation amount.
- “Donation label” refers to the text you wish to display to the bidder on the donation button. Some options would include “Click Here to Donate”, “Donate Now”, “Special Appeal” or “Fund-A-Need”.
- Donation image:The image shown here will be displayed on the donation button and on the left-hand side of the Appeal Board Display.
- Click the Save
Additional Donation and Appeal Display Options:
- Donation goal:The amount entered here will display on the donation page and the Appeal Board display.
- Appeal donation-only event:If checked, guests will only be given the option to donate.