Online Bidding: Day of Event Tips and Reminders
Make sure to check out our Event Night FAQ for troubleshooting tips for text messages not being received, bidding error messages, and other commonly asked questions!
- Make sure not to change package numbers, sections, values, minimum bids, minimum raises, or guaranteed purchase prices on packages that have bidding history on them.
- Removing the Online Bidding Type for a section or unchecking the Is an Online Bidder box for a Supporter will result in disabled access to bidding and a loss of bidding activity.
- Once a section has closed, all high bids will be moved over as sales into the Greater Giving software within 15 minutes.
If a guest reports an incorrect bid after the sales have posted to your Greater Giving Project, follow the below steps:
- Remove their bid from the Online Bidding Dashboard.
- Click the Menu button in the top-left.
- Click the Packages header.
- Click the Package Name of the package you wish to remove the bid from.
- Locate the bid you wish to remove and click the X under the Remove column.
- Note the new winning bidder and the bid amount.
- Remove the sale from your Greater Giving Online Project.
- Click View/Edit Sales.
- Locate the sale by searching by Supporter Name or Bidder Number.
- Check the box next to the sale and click the Delete button.
The next highest bidder will automatically have a sale posted to their record.
Event Day Support:
After-hours Event Support is available for urgent technical questions on the day of your event. Please contact us by phone at 866-269-8151 and select option 2. After hours support (after 6:00pm Pacific Time) is only available to assist during your physical fundraising event.