Online Bidding: Day of Event Tips and Reminders
Troubleshooting tips if a bidder does not receive their welcome text:
Tip: An hour prior to check-in, we would recommend sending a text message to All Supporters to remind them of their link to the bidding site.
- Guests who have been pre-bidding received their welcome text after self-registering.
- Event night only guests.
- Verify their mobile phone number in Go Time
- Verify that they have been checked in through Go Time (each attendee should have a green check mark next to their name).
- You can re-send the welcome text through the Online Bidding Admin Panel (Go to View Registered Bidders and there will be a “re-send welcome text” link under their name).
*The quickest way to help them to begin bidding is to direct them to see a Bid Assistant volunteer who can then bid on behalf of the guest or can provide the guest with their personal Online Bidding URL
- Make sure not to change package numbers, sections, values, minimum bids, minimum raises, or guaranteed purchase prices on packages that have bidding history on them.
- Removing the Online Bidding Type for a section or unchecking the Is an Online Bidderbox for a Supporter will result in disabled access to bidding and a loss of bidding activity.
- Once a section has closed, all high bids will be moved over as sales into the Greater Giving software within 15 minutes.
Event Day Support:
After-hours Event Support is available for urgent technical questions on the day of your event. Please contact us by phone at 866-269-8151 and select option 2. After hours support (after 6:00pm Pacific Time) is only available to assist during your physical fundraising event.