Managing Supporter Updates
If Supporters have been a part of any previous Join Me campaigns, they may likely already be a part of your Greater Giving Online Database. When this happens, you may often have Supporter Updates in the form of changed addresses, contact information, even names! See below for setting up and Managing your Supporter Updates to keep the most up to date information for your Supporters.
Manage Update Setting:
- From the Project Home select Project in the top left corner and click Organization Home.
- Under the Organization header at the bottom of the page, click View/Edit Organization Settings.
- Under the Organization Image area, there is a Supporter: Auto Update user profile changes option.
- If checked, the Supporter's record will update with any changes they made to their contact information automatically.
- If unchecked, the Supporter's record will not update with the changes they made to their contact information. Changes will need to be approved via the Manage Supporter Updateslink under the Join Me area of the Project Home.
Manually Managing Supporter Updates:
If the above option is unchecked, under the Join Me area of the Project Home, the number of Supporter updates waiting to be manually imported will be shown.
Once you click Manage Supporter Updates, you will see the Supporter's Full Name and which contact information the Supporter updated.
- Select how you would like to manage the updates:
- Import: updates the Supporter record with the new information.
- Skip for now: holds the Supporter information for review later.
- Ignore this change: does not update the supporter record with the new information.
Note: You will not be asked again to import these changes
2. Click the Import button.