Assign Sales to Payments
The process of assigning sales to payments needs only to be done if payments and or sales have been entered without being associated with one another. You can tell if sales and payments are unassociated if the Payment Association or Sale Association Status column reads None or Partial. When you use the Assign Sales to Payments function, Greater Giving Online runs an algorithm that attempts to pair up all unassociated sales and payments with one another for all of your Supporters. Alternatively, you can also change the Assignment Manually.
- None – The Sale/Payment is not associated. This could be because the Sale is on a different record than the Payment (Household vs. Individual for instance), or that it was simply not checked when manually entered.
- Partial – The Sale/Payment is only partially associated. This could be that a Payment is not associated with an equal amount of Sales and vice versa.
- Full – The Sale/Payment is fully associated. This means that $100.0 worth of Sales correlates directly to $100.0 worth of Payments.
- Over – The Sale/Payment amounts are partially associated. Typically this means a lesser amount of Sales is associated with a higher Payment. For instance, $100.0 worth of Sales associated with $300.0 worth of Payment.
- In the Project Home, click Assign Sales to Payments under the Sales
- Click the Assign Sales to Payments
- The algorithm will run, and you will be notified of the results. Typical results include how many Sales were associated with Payments. The total number of Payments/Sales and the amount of them that have been associated. The remainder of Payments/Sales to be associated.
- If you have remaining Sales and Payments to be associated, ensure that all Sales and Payments have been entered under the correct Supporter.
- Click Done to finish the associating process.
- From the Project Home, click on View/Edit Supporters under the Supporters
- Find the Supporter whose Payment you wish to reassign using the Search bar, and click Manage Sales and Payments for that Supporter.
- Scroll down to the Payments for Bidder (Household/Members) area, and click the Edit button next to a Payment record.
- In the Associated Sales area, check the box for any sale(s) that the Payment is paying for.
- Click Save when finished to manually associate Payments to Sales.