Add Convenience Fee
Convenience Fees are an option that can be added to your Website in order to charge an additional fee when a purchase is made. This is a great way to cover the pass through cost of using a website to process credit cards, and can be made optional or mandatory for your site’s guests.
Note: This is an Advanced Editing option. If using Greater Giving Online, be aware of Advanced Edits on the Project Website.
- In Edit mode, hover over the pencil for the Registration content pane and Click Here to Edit Content.
- Click on the Advanced Features tab.
- Check the box for Charge a convenience fee.
- Enter the Label for your convenience fee. This will appear on the site next to the amount of the fee.
- Select a Fee Method.
- Fixed Dollar Amount is a flat rate price, no matter what the total purchase is.
- Percent is a percentage of the total cost, adjusting with the amount of the purchase.
- For Fixed Dollar Amount, this is the amount of fee in dollars and cents.
- For Percent, this is the percentage that will be added to each purchase.